Frequently Asked Questions
The Most Often Asked Questions About Health Savings Services and Health Discount Programs
- How do health savings services differ from health discount programs?
- Health savings services allow you to save money in a number of different ways. One example is a bill negotiation service. This allows you to submit medical bills from any doctor or hospital to be negotiated to a lower amount. Another example of a health savings service is telemedicine. This allows access to a physician by phone 24 hours a day and will save you the cost of office or emergency room visits. A health discount program allows members to pay providers a pre-negotiated reduced rate at the time of service. The discounts are available from specific network providers.
- What is a discount health plan?
- Discount health care plans are programs of choice, access, savings, and responsibility. Discount health plans provide assurance not insurance. Programs, such as employee discount programs, offer you a choice of providers without the red tape of having a third party looking over your shoulder to decide what services you can receive. Health discount plans provide access to some of the best providers in the industry, at savings generally ranging from 15% to 80%. Discount health care plans require the responsibility on the part of the member to pay the providers (at the reduced rate) at the time of service. Many often refer to this as self-managed care when discussing the program, because you are in charge of your own healthcare regime.
- How can I see which discount plan providers are located in my area?
- You will find provider search links on each plan description page. Each plan has its own links for provider search engines and on-line applications. If you don't find a provider in your area under one plan, be sure to check our other plans, because most use different provider networks. Certain savings services, such as, medical bills negotiation, do not rely on networks at all. For this type service you can use the doctor or hospital of your choice. Additionally, for services such as 24-hour nurseline or consult a doctor, you will have telephone access to a nurse or doctor anywhere in the United States.
- How do I know you are a reputable company?
- Best Discount Benefits is a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Solutions, Inc., an independent financial services agency whose principals have combined business experience of over 100 years. All funds are paid directly to the appropriate service provider. Additional information is on the About Page.
- How soon can I expect my program handbook and card?
- Your welcome materials will arrive within 10-14 business days. You can start using the services as soon as you receive your card.
- How do I get more information?
- Please visit the customer Contact Page
- I am ready to begin... What do I do now?
- Select the plan the best meets your needs from the Programs Page. For your security and safety, all orders are processed on a secure server.
The Services Offered by Best Discount Benefits are NOT Insurance